"Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat, please put a penny in the old man's hat".
When that song goes through my head, I know it's time to write my letter to Santa. Here's my list:
1. A car! the plan is that we will buy a car in early January with our aguinaldos (Xmas bonuses) and the fondo de oro (savings plan). I can't wait, we rely so much on taxis and buses, it's a real pain with a two year old and getting more expensive as the taxi prices rise.
2. Clothes. I have nothing! I moved here four years ago with a back-pack of shorts and tees and haven't bought much since. Shopping for myself is just not a priority but I realized recently that I MUST do something about my sad excuse for a wardrobe. Three for ten dollar tank tops are not high fashion. Or even low fashion really, just cheap and comfortable.
3. Jewelry. I bought myself a necklace and a pair of earrings this morning which brings my collection of jewelry to exactly one necklace and two pairs of earrings. We live in the land of cheap silver, time to get some for me!
4. Peace on earth. Ok, it's a pithy pageant response, just thought I better throw something in here that didn't make me sound like a Greedy Greta. And I really do think it would make a great gift!
5. A vacation!!!!! Anywhere outside of Cancun, doesn't have to be Bali (though that would be nice). I'd settle for a few days in Merida, Tulum, Playa del Carmen, Cozumel or Belize (ahh, my "happy place").
I would put my family on the list, but they are coming in February so it's more of a letter to the groundhog or St. Valentine I guess. There is a huge list of things I would like for the house too, but it's all up there in fantasy land. After buying the car, there won't be much left, unless of course Santa gets this letter in time and gets his fat ass to Cancun. I think he might be a bit hot in that suit too, perhaps a red fuzzy thong is in order? And Mrs. Claus better come with him, don't want him taking advantage of the "what happens in Cancun, stays in Cancun" rule. But hey, if he brings me tickets to Bali, I'd do him and I wouldn't tell the missus. ;-)
I'm currently sitting in my Cancun apartment, staving off the Covid 19 panic and using all my Jungle Kelly powers to maintain my cal...
Happy Mother's Day, Feliz dia de las Mamas! It's one of those odd years where the Mexican Mother's Day falls on the same day as...
Lost Mayan Kingdom Mahahual Our recent Mother/Son Road Trip was such a blast and a big part of it was our day at Lost Mayan Kingd...
If you are a regular in the Mexican blogosphere, you know that Rivergirl wrote of this topic today and Gabatcha shared her thoughts on this ...