Combine a sinus infection, a stretch of cold weather, money worries, relationship stuff and an obsession with reading the news (which is never good) and I've got myself a good old case of the blues. I've got a wicked headache on top of it so I really just want to crawl into bed and throw the covers over my head and make the world go away. Instead, I'm going to write about the things that make me happy in the hopes that I can stimulate the joy centers of my psyche. These are in no particular order, just the way they jumped into my brain when I ordered it to think happy thoughts.
1. Peppermint patties
2. Fuzzy socks
5. Max and Hubby (yeah, should have been first, but who can defy the mind when it screams CHOCOLATE?)
6. The Caribbean Sea and the beach
7. "Viva las Vegas" starring Elvis and Ann Margret
8. Over the counter anti-biotics
9. Short hair cuts
10. My family
12. Sketch comedy
13. Max's new fluffly yellow pillow which I think I have to "borrow"
15. Good friends, both in real life and on the internetz
16. Cigarettes (yeah yeah, I don't want to hear it)
17. The Amazing Race
18. Books. I know that's general, but I just love books, any kind I can get my hands on.
19. Anais Nin
20. Skwinkles (yummy Mexican candy that I just can't get enough of)
22. 80's music. Any of it. Even if I hated it as a teen, it's all good now. The clothes and hair can stay back in time thanks.
23. Kleenex with moisturizer and menthol
24. Bergamot oil. Or any citrussy smelly thing.
25. Shiatsu massage
26. Puzzle, word and logic games. I had to give up playing trivia, it was taking over my life.
27. Art, though there is not enough of it in my life in Cancun.
28. Instant mashed potatoes
29. Eating tacos for breakfast at the bull ring
30. Exploring new places and trying new things. I know, so vague, but remember, sinus infection.
Ok, I'll stop at thirty. I could have gone all day and maybe I will continue the list in the brain to lift me out of this funk. The weather has finally turned the corner here, we're having a gorgeous sunny warm day so perhaps I will treat Max and myself to a couple of hours on the beach. A little salt water up the nose is always good for the mocos! (Add that to the list.....)
I'm currently sitting in my Cancun apartment, staving off the Covid 19 panic and using all my Jungle Kelly powers to maintain my cal...
Happy Mother's Day, Feliz dia de las Mamas! It's one of those odd years where the Mexican Mother's Day falls on the same day as...
Lost Mayan Kingdom Mahahual Our recent Mother/Son Road Trip was such a blast and a big part of it was our day at Lost Mayan Kingd...
If you are a regular in the Mexican blogosphere, you know that Rivergirl wrote of this topic today and Gabatcha shared her thoughts on this ...