I've been feeling rather uninspired lately, no big news, not much of anything exciting going on, so here are just a few random thoughts and things and stuff that have been running around in my mind.
1. Max has just finished his final exams at school. I drilled him on all his English stuff and he knew it cold, but his English teacher said he couldn't name some of the animals. He knows them, he just didn't want to tell her. I think he thinks she's dense, "Well duh teacher, you don't know? Well, I'm not going to tell you!"
2. Car troubles. The "service engine soon" light has been on in the car for ages and ages and we've had to ignore it ($$$). Last week the car started to make a sound like "squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaal squeal squeal squeaaaaaaal" when driving so we thought it would be best to get it looked at. 2000 pesos got us oil/filter change and a few other goodies, but alas, the squeal was a result of the dying brakes. So, off to the brake place today for 1500 pesos, hopefully that will allow the neighbours to get their hearing back. Of course, the original mechanic says we've got to overhaul a whole bunch of other things, but they can wait, brakes seem to be an essential part of the machine, any other problems won't lead to us flying off a bridge into the abyss. (Ok ok, not many bridges or abysses (abysi?) in Cancun, but allow me my literary expression please!)
3. Work (my "real" work, not playing on the internet "work") is going very well. Still working at a reduced rate of pay, but continuing to love my job. Friday I'll be running a workshop, training the other teachers. I'm excited about it! I'm secretly calling it "The Grammar Hammer: How to Pound Verbs into Thick Skulls".
4. With the parents coming to visit real soon, I have continued looking for the perfect escape with them. I am really leaning towards Holbox, but want their opinion on it. I've been calling them and calling them and haven't been able to contact them for about five days! Dad works (worked?) at GM World Headquarters, what do you think the chances are he ran off with the petty cash and went to Vegas? (About 50/50, haha). Just kidding Dad but hey, give me a call!
5. Puppies! You may recall some time ago that I had helped to rescue a pretty little street doggy named Princesa. I had taken her to the vet to get fixed but they couldn't do the surgery as she was in heat. I took her to her new home with a co-worker and said we could take care of the spaying in a few weeks. A few days later I pulled into the parking lot at work and there she was! I asked her why she was there but she just looked at me lovingly and wagged her tail, very uncommunicative. I got inside and found her new "daddy" who told me she had broken her leash the night before and took off. Somehow she found her way back to where we had found her. Cut to this week. DoggyDaddy announced that Princesa/Sasquatcha had had puppies. Little tramp went and got herself knocked up during her night of freedom. Watch this space for pictures and pleas for adoption!
And that's about it. Or, that's about all I have the focus for today. Feeling quite scattered and loopy, sorry for the randomness of this post. Have a fab day!
I'm currently sitting in my Cancun apartment, staving off the Covid 19 panic and using all my Jungle Kelly powers to maintain my cal...
Happy Mother's Day, Feliz dia de las Mamas! It's one of those odd years where the Mexican Mother's Day falls on the same day as...
Lost Mayan Kingdom Mahahual Our recent Mother/Son Road Trip was such a blast and a big part of it was our day at Lost Mayan Kingd...
If you are a regular in the Mexican blogosphere, you know that Rivergirl wrote of this topic today and Gabatcha shared her thoughts on this ...